Probate and estate administration services
We understand how difficult it can be to handle someone’s legal and financial affairs, particularly at a time when you are likely to be coming to terms with the death of someone close. We are here to help, providing as much support as you need to get things done. As a licensed practice for probate related work and specialists in all aspects of taxation, accounts preparation and estate planning, Fisher Phillips is best placed to take care of your probate and estate administration work.
Applying for Probate
The application for probate involves:
- Obtaining valuations for the deceased’s assets and establishing all debts
- Preparing the appropriate HMRC Inheritance Tax accounts
- Applying for the grant of representation (a grant of probate where the deceased left a valid will or if not, a grant of letters of administration)
- Administering the estate (gathering in the assets and settling the debts of the deceased)
- Paying legacies/ transferring property
- Dealing with Income and Capital Gains Tax liabilities of the estate
- Preparing the estate accounts
- Distributing the assets to the beneficiaries.
Why choose us?
Specialists – We are experienced in all areas of accounts, tax and estate administration which means you can have total confidence in us handling the whole process for you.
Personal service – when you avail of our services, you can be assured of our personal attention and access to our partners and specialist staff. Whilst carrying out any probate work we are always sensitive to your needs. You can be sure that we will treat your legal and financial affairs discreetly and in the strictest confidence and take the administrative burden away from you wherever possible.
Reduced costs – As accountancy and tax specialists we’re used to gathering and calculating financial and tax related information. In doing so, we can reduce the amount of time it takes to compile the necessary information. By speeding up the process we can help you to keep the costs down.
Please contact us for more information about our probate and estate administration service.